Volume 86 of the L. D. Series is an attempt to assess the date of the Tattvārtha-sūtra using its treatment of some doctrinal themes and references to external data. It seems reasonable to locate it in the 5th century CE. The differences between Digambara and Śvetāmbara versions of the text are also discussed, as well as the status of the Bhāṣya and the question of knowing whether it has the same author as the sūtra itself.
- Show: Table of contents
- Chapter I: Which version of the text is the original?
- Chapter II: Is the Bhāsya an autocommentary or not?
- Section I: MSS evidences
- Section II: Sambandhakārikā
- Section III: Textual commentary
- Section IV: Verification of praśasti — Authorship of the T.S.
- Chapter III: A historical evaluation of the T.S.
- Section I: Source materials of the T.S. and their organization
- Section II: References to the T.S in the Āgamic commentaries up to the 10th century A. D.
- Section III: Some problems in the T.S.
- Section IV: Historical position of the T.S.
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.