Volume 139 in the L. D. Series is a translated and expanded version by Willem Bollée and Jayendra Soni, published in 2004.
First available in 1926, the original German text comprises critical translations of the oldest parts of the Śvetāmbara canon, namely the first book of the Ācārānga-sūtra and parts of the Sūtrakr̥tānga-sūtra.
- Show: Table of contents
- Schubring's Foreword
- The Canon of the Śvetāmbara Jainas
- 1. The Lotus (Sūyagaḍa II 1)
- 2. The Ways of Action (Sūyagaḍa II 2)
- 3. Pure Life (Bambhacerāiṃ)
- 4. Understanding (Sūyagaḍa I 1)
- 5. A New Way (Sūyagaḍa I 2)
- 6. Renunciation of Temptation (Sūyagaḍa I 3)
- 7. Renunciation of Women (Sūyagaḍa I 4)
- 8. The Platform (Sūyagaḍa I 12)
- 1. Schubring's 1910 edition of the Ācārâṅga-Sūtra (Āyār'aṅga-suttaṃ)
- 2. Translation of Ernst Leumann's review of Schubring's 'Worte Mahāvīras'
- 3. Translation of Hermann Jacobi's review of Schubring's 1910 Ācārâṅga edition
- 4. Additions to footnotes (supplied by W. Bollée)
- 5. Glossary of Selected Prakrit Words
- 6. Subject Index of 'The Canon' (pp. 1–32) and 'Analysis' (pp. 229–242)
- 7. Subject Index of the Bambhacerāiṃ (prepared by W. Bollée)
- 8. Subject Index of the Sūyagaḍa Sections (prepared by W. Bollée)
- 9. Abbreviations and Addenda
- 10. Bibliography
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.